People lose hair for various reasons. Illness and medication (like chemotherapy to treat cancer) can cause hair loss. Hair loss can also be inherited from a parent. Often, hair thins because it is fine-textured — or because too many harsh chemicals have been used on it — so it breaks easily.
These are hair-care tips to help protect hair, prevent further hair loss, and add volume to your existing hair.
1. Work with your hairdresser to find a style that suits fine or thinning hair.
2. Blow dry hair from the roots to give it volume
3. Buy volumising products – there are lots of new ones on the market.
4. Don’t use harsh chemcials as they cause more damage and also irritate the scalp
5. Colour hair with vegetable dyes – these are less harmful.
6. Shampoo and condition regularly – dirty hair always looks unattractive and flat.