London: The British Heart Foundation reports that 2,350 women will die of heart disease as a result of high cholesterol every week; around 123,000 deaths a year. But now a new tasty breakfast cereal, Kellogg’s Optiva, offers a simple and enjoyable step towards cholesterol reduction.
Addressing cholesterol may be on most peoples to do list for tomorrow, but taking active steps today could mean less to worry about in the future. Starting the day with a bowl of Kelloggs Optivita can be your first step.
Kelloggs Optivita is made with oat bran, the naturally active fibre found in oats, which acts like a sponge, soaking up and subsequently removing bad cholesterol from the body.
Made with crispy wholegrain oat bran flakes and delicious clusters, Kelloggs Optivita is available in two varieties; Raisin Oat Crisp with sweet juicy raisins and Berry Oat Crisp containing freeze-dried strawberries, blueberries and blackcurrants.
Cholesterol & Heart Disease Facts:
1. High cholesterol is the biggest factor in coronary heart disease
2. Heart disease is the biggest cause of death in the UK
3. Heart disease in women is 10 times more common than breast cancer
4. 70% of people over 45 have raised cholesterol
5. 10% of deaths from heart disease in the UK could be avoided if everyone lowered their cholesterol level, and this can be done through simply making some fundamental changes to their daily diet- visit www.choose-to-beat-cholesterol.com for useful ideas.
Michael Livingston, Director H·E·A·R·T UK suggests, a healthy heart is one of the keys to enjoying a long and fulfilling life, and H·E·A·R·T UK would encourage everyone to better manage his or her cholesterol. Choosing to eat a breakfast cereal such as Kelloggs Optivita which, as part of a healthy diet, could help to reduce your cholesterol levels and ensure a healthier heart for future.
Research shows that people who eat breakfast tend to have lower cholesterol levels and are less likely to be overweight than those who skip breakfast.
According to Registered Nutritionist Cath MacDonald, Eating fatty foods,
being overweight and a lack of regular physical activity can lead to raised blood cholesterol.
We all know that eating healthily and finding time to exercise can be difficult when a busy schedule gets in the way. But by making Kelloggs Optivita a part of your daily breakfast routine, youll be taking a simple and easy step in the right direction to actively reduce your blood cholesterol levels.
Kelloggs Optivita contains all the cholesterol reducing benefits of oat bran, plus it has no added salt and is low in saturated fat. It is widely available in most major UK supermarkets. Optivita Raisin Oat Crisp is priced at £2.59 and Optivita Berry Oat Crisp at £2.89 for 375g.
For further information on managing cholesterol, general ways to ensure heart health and for access to inspiring success stories, visit the Kelloggs Optivita website at: www.choose-to-beat-cholesterol.comThe website also invites people to share ideas on how to make a positive change in their lives through participating in online forums and receiving regular medical updates.
· H·E·A·R·T UK is a UK registered charity primarily concerned with the prevention and risk management of cardiovascular diseases with particular attention to inherited high cholesterol. For further information contact 01628 628 638 or email email@example.com
· One 40g serving of Kelloggs Optivita provides at least 1g of beta glucan soluble fibre found in oat bran, which is one quarter of 3g, the suggested daily intake, 30% more than any other cereal
· Cholesterol is a type of fat (lipid) found in your blood. High levels of cholesterol in the blood can lead to narrowing and blockage of arteries, increasing the risk of developing coronary heart disease