Who says a professional salon blow dry is only for A-listers? With the right products, you can recreate that gorgeous salon finish at home.
To keep hair feeling smooth and healthy, first use a heat protect spray to shield it from heat damage, then begin to rough dry. Use a large barrel brush for extra oomph and volume and add a spritz of an extra strength hairspray to keep in it place.
Here are some of the products that you will find useful to achieve this look – all available online at Boots.com
Simple steps to bouncy hair
1. Wash your hair – Charles Worthington has some great products that strip away residue from dull flat hair – see the video below.
- Towel dry and apply a volumising mouse such as Umberto Gianinini Glam Hair Massive Mouse
2. To encourage volume and texture dry with a defuser such as the one that comes with the John Frieda Salon Shine 5125BU AC hairdryer
This ionic hairdryer uses advanced ionic technology to control frizz, this powerful hairdryer will leave hair looking and feeling smooth and shiny.
For over 20 years the John Frieda hair care professionals have been defining style. Now the leaders in transformational hair care have helped to inspire a range of professional appliances with advanced ionic technology for a salon shiny finish.
The John Frieda salon shine ionic hairdryer releases a stream of ions to surround and condition each strand of hair, neutralising static, smoothing the outer layer of the hair cuticle and controlling frizz.
- Leaves hair looking and feeling smooth and shiny.
- John Frieda salon shine ionic hairdryer features:
- Advanced ionic technology controls frizz for a high shine finish
- 2200W high heat for fast drying
- Long life professional AC motor generates powerful airflow for fast drying
- 3 heats and 2 speed settings for drying control
- True cold shot to set your style
- Slim salon concentrator nozzle
3. A curling wand can add different types of textured curls.
Try curling away and towards the face for a tousled look.
Mark Hill Salon Professional Zebra Wicked Wave which is exclusive to Boots has a unique barrel shape that means each curl is different.
Variable temperature up to 200ºC.
4. Spritz your hair with a styling product.
Toni & Guy’s Casual Sea Salt Texturising Spray gives texture and light hold with a beach look.
5. Add height and bounce with a volumising spray
Charles Worthington Salon at Home has a number of products that will help to give you ‘red carpet hair”.
Whether boosted from the roots, or given bounce and body in the mid-lengths, some of the most glamorous red-carpet styles rely on volume for serious impact.
For bigger hair in an instant, this dry, non-greasy formulation works invisibly to give height, texture and volume to hair. Simply shake and spray onto dry hair, concentrating on areas that need more volume or texture – Charles recommends spritzing directly onto the roots for the ultimate back-combed effect without any damage – then ruffle the hair to give a tousled and texturised finish.
Charles Worthington Salon at Home – Salon-inspired formulas for hair that’s always in red carpet condition.
How to Use
Spray evenly from root to tip, on towel dried or dry hair and work though to create tousled waves
Shake can before use. Spray onto dry hair. Ruffle the hair with your fingers for a tousled mane.
Charles’s Salon at Home Tip:
Spritz directly onto the roots for the ultimate back-combed effect without any damage – then ruffle the hair to give a tousled and texturised finish.
All products available to buy at Boots.com