175g/6oz good quality dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
3 large free range eggs, separated
100g/3oz golden caster sugar
3 tbsp very strong coffee, e.g. espresso
1-2 tbsp brandy (depending on taste)
100ml/7 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Break the chocolate into a bowl, place over a small pan of simmering water and allow to melt. Remove the bowl from the pan and let it cool to lukewarm.
2. Meanwhile put the egg yolks and sugar into a large bowl and whisk until thick and
pale in colour. Whisk in the coffee, brandy and olive oil, then gradually fold in the melted chocolate.
3. Whisk the egg white until almost stiff, quickly fold in a large tablespoon to the
chocolate mixture until smooth, then add the rest of the egg white and lightly fold in, trying not to beat out the air.
4. Pour the mixture into 8 small china dishes or 6 large shot glasses and place in the
refrigerator until set.
5. Serve cold with fresh berries.
Sprinkle some extra grated chocolate or flakes of chocolate over the top of each mousse, for an extra touch of luxury.